The Presbyterian Outlook has established the “Presbyterian Outlook Church-College Partnership Award” in the amount of $1,000. The award will be given to the college senior who has written what will be judged to be the best essay on the subject, “How my church-related education has equipped me for significant service.”
This year’s winning essay will be published in the Oct. 27 higher education issue of The Outlook. If any other student essay is published, the student will receive an honorable mention award of $200 each.
The Presbyterian Outlook Church-College Partnership Award
- First place award: $1,000
- To be given to a graduating senior who presents the best written essay on the subject: “How my education at a PC(USA) church-related college has equipped me for significant service and leadership.”
- The winning essay will be published in The Presbyterian Outlook.
- Honorable mention awards of $200 will be awarded to all others whose essays are chosen for publication too.
- Eligibility: All seniors presently attending a Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)-related college who will graduate in calendar 2008.
- Requirements: Submit via e-mail an essay of not more than 1,000 words along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: February 29, 2008
Learn more about The Presbyterian Outlook at www.pres-outlook.org.