The Salzburg Seminar has a long relationship with the Appalachian College Association (ACA) and many of its member colleges. Through a series of grants from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation dating back to the mid-1990’s faculty members from many ACA colleges have attended Salzburg Seminar Core Sessions as Fellows, a practice which continues today.
Applicant must be full time faculty members in good standing with an ACA affiliated college or university.
The duration of the Salzburg seminar is approximately one week.
Complete the application form which can be downloaded here
Faculty applying for this seminar must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed the seminar application form
- A complete curriculum vitae
- A short statement regarding your interest in the session (not to exceed 3 pages)
- One passport-sized photograph or a .jpg file of a passport-sized photo
- A support letter from the chief academic officer
NOTE: Some preference will be given to those that have not previously attended a Salzburg Seminar session and to those from schools that have not had recent seminar participants.
The Mellon Fellowships covers all tuition, room and board costs, as well as the cost of direct round-trip economy-class airfare to Salzburg.
Applications are due to the ACA office AT LEAST eight (8) weeks prior to the start date of the seminar being applied for.